Earlier this year I wrote a photoblog documenting some months I spent in Greece. I enjoyed writing and taking the pictures so much that I've decided to start a new one! This time, however, with my little bit of the world wide web I'm just going to write about whatever comes to mind and about whatever I get the chance to photograph; I'm going to write about a little bit of everything!

Hope you enjoy my pictures and insights :)


So, I thought I'd start my first post with my recent trip to the amazing city of London

London really is one of the best cities in the world; there is so much to do and see, you're spoilt for choice. There was such a buzz in the city following the Olympics and all the other amazing events that have gone on this year. It must be said though, it's a NIGHTMARE to pack for! One minute its sunny, then you get drenched, then the breeze picks up and leaves you looking much like a cold, drowned rat. Luckily, I hit some glorious weather and saw London on her best behaviour, so lugging a bag around with a spare jumper and coat wasn't really worth moaning about (although apparently everyone thought I looked like a stroppy little bag lady ... *sigh* so chic.)

So, what did I take away from the trip?
- Yes, it does take at least 50 years to get anywhere in London. So, no, you can't go for lunch in Camden and meet friends half an hour later in Waterloo. Well, you can... if you live your life like I do. i.e. ALWAYS late.
- Don't go to the cinema in Picadilly Circus where you pay triple the normal price and have to watch a film three levels underground. Talk about freaky.com. I might as well have watched it on the tube.
- People exist in London who live with buckets of pet frogs in their doorways. Don't ask!
- Walking along the River Thames watching the sunset is probably one of the most obvious and yet most amazing sights in the whole city...

London with all its quirks is exactly what makes it the city everyone loves. It's such a melting pot of personalities, cultures and expression; basically anything goes. London really is your oyster!

Because of the beautiful weather, I got some great snaps around the city - stunning saturation and clarity.
Enjoy :)





















0 comments:

Post a Comment