I'm back!!... were the first words that popped into my mind when I landed in Greece last week. I couldn't wait to feel the bright sunshine on my cheeks and listen to the waves hit the seashore. I was home, well my second home! This trip to Athens, not only marked a summer break, but was also part of the celebrations for my cousin getting married, so it was bound to be a crazy week. I also squeezed in a short few days to Mykonos as well, so will be posting up those travel photos soon, but for now here are a few pics for my first style shoot in Greece.


Summertime definitely calls for a beachside style post. I had wanted to do a post by the sea for a while but held up doing so until I was in Athens, because unfortunately in Dubai we are melting at this time of year (holidaying to U.A.E. from July-August is not recommended!), while in Greece the weather couldn't be more perfect. 

And so, I headed down to the pretty Greek seaside, with a sparkly beach bag and cowgirl hat in tow. The town my Greek family stays in during the summer is called Nea Makri, a small seaside village just 45 minutes from Athens. It's a summer resort loved by many Athenians because of its close proximity to the capital and location on a beautiful bay. The particular part of the bay we live close to is quite rocky, so perfect for a beach shoot.

I based the whole look on this golden tote I bought recently from River Island for my trip. Even though gold is one of my favourite colours, I chose it also because of how well it mixes with the gorgeous tones of the sand. Matching denim shorts, a cowgirl hat and a chunky belt gave the look a country twist, but I decided to glam it up a little with earrings, a pink bikini top and some gorgeous bracelets I found in a little Dubai boutique called Boom & Mellow (great for birthday presents!). I actually have this obsession with leaf shaped jewellery, particularly in gold which looks so grecian and elegant. ahhh love it! 

Enjoy the pics :)

Hat: Accessorize
Top: Zara
Shorts: H&M
Shoes: Aldo
Bag: River Island
Earrings: Aldo
Bracelets: Boom & Mellow

















1 comments:

  1. Sitting at Caffe Karpousi...the sun drenched beach just acccross..small white crowns adorne the deep blue waves...and enjoying your latest pics..love gold leafy earrings..and cowgirl straw hat..

    ReplyDelete