Creating a story through pictures is every photographer's dream. For the audience to feel as though they've stepped into the subject's world and are part of someone else's story, is the ultimate achievement. Whether photojournalism, wedding photography, families or fashion, we all have a common endeavor. And through the photographs I'm sharing today, I tried to do just that - my own little story for you all to be a part of.

My lovely friend, Jennifer, agreed to pose as the subject for this styled portrait. Given that she's French, I decided to take a typical Français angle and make it truly Oh là là! I gave myself the challenge of proving that no matter where you are in the world, with a bit of thought and creativity, you can set a story wherever you like. Through the help of some props, a good location and a pretty smile, I was able to create my little French petit-déjeuner.

Where to shoot? Well, being that we're in Dubai, authentic French brasseries are few and far between. However, thanks to a suggestion by the Française herself, we ended up at the Rostang Brasserie in Atlantis. It was perfect! According to Jen, the décor was very Parisian, but they also had lovely French music playing in the background (to which Jen was singing along ;) ) and of course, an array of fresh pain au chocolats ready for us to devour :)

And so, with her red beret and of course the biography of Coco Chanel in tow, Jennifer was ready for a splendid morning sipping her café au lait. So, was my challenge of creating a mini-France in Arabian Dubai, successful? I don't know, you tell me :)

Dress: Juicy Couture
Jacket: Mango
Shoes: See by Chloe
Glasses: Chanel
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Rings: Forever 21
Beret: Accessorize

F O L L O W  M E
Bloglovin': http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9271093/?claim=mw3jq97hudz
Instagram: @victoriametaxas
























6 comments:

  1. I agree with your sentence "no matter where you are in the world, with a bit of thought and creativity, you can set a story wherever you like", very nice post and photos are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! So kind :)
      If you'd like to follow me on Bloglovin' - you can do so here:
      http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9271093/?claim=mw3jq97hudz

      Delete
  2. Nice cap :D

    The Cutielicious
    www.thecutielicious.com
    Fede

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks ;) I had to make her super-French, so a beret was the best choice!

      Follow me on Bloglovin' here - http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9271093/?claim=mw3jq97hudz

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Monica! It's not actually me, just a friend of mine that I styled :)
    If you'd like, you can follow me on bloglovin' here - http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9271093/?claim=mw3jq97hudz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thank you so much :)
    You can carry on following me here on Bloglovin'
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9271093/?claim=mw3jq97hudz

    ReplyDelete