Milan Fashion Photographer

After a crazy February on the course, I finally have a moment to share my first photos from the course. 
I thought, in light of Italy's win of Best Foreign Film of 'The Great Beauty,' I would share my first ever 'beauty' photographs.

It's been a whirlwind few weeks full of information, experiences and creative personalities. The course is brilliant, albeit very intense. Each week we cover a different element of Fashion Photography, from men's fashion to women's beauty and location shoots. And this week, one of the most interesting so far, we have to returned back to using vintage film cameras as part of our portraits project.

The photographs I'm sharing today are from our beauty session a few weeks ago. Beauty shoots focus on the face of a model, generally supporting the promotion of makeup or new skincare. It's all about clean, crisp lighting to illustrate smooth skin, and show all the makeup tones and textures.

I particularly enjoyed this style of shooting, as it proved a challenge to elegantly emphasize the neckline, back and collarbone of the model. It really got you thinking about posture and opening the shoulders to make her appear more demure and relaxed. You worked closely together, focusing on the angle and placement of the head, a lot more intimate than a full fashion shoot. And from a technical aspect you'd have thought things would be simpler... but the combinations of lighting and makeup are truly endless...!

I'll be sharing more photos from the course very soon! But I must tell you that I can safely say that I've found my place in this little world of photos and I'm so happy that I made this career change, to follow my dreams. Inevitably there is so much more to learn and so much hard work ahead, but I'm just thankful to be enjoying the journey I'm on, rather than searching for something that is missing.
Watch this space for more pics!

Milan Fashion Photographer

Milan Fashion Photographer

Milan Fashion Photographer

Milan Fashion Photographer

0 comments:

Post a Comment