Sex in the City were the first words that came to mind when I planned this shoot the first shoot of my final project on the course. I wanted glamour, sparkle and a bit of a Dubai/Arab edge to the feel. My thoughts: Stunning floaty dresses, a beautiful model and, of course, lighting that gave it that wow-factor.

The fact that this shoot was all about the dresses proved a little bit of a problem at first, as I had no idea where I would find such beauties! But boy, was I lucky. I managed to secure three sensational Ralph Lauren dresses, including one from the latest SS14 collection worn by Lupita Nyong at the Golden Globes this year. Ecstatic was an understatement!! Without these gorgeous pieces, it just wouldn't have been the same!

Initially I wanted to go for a Terry Richardson style lighting that gave it that shimmery more sensual approach, but after a lot of experimenting I found the perfect combinations. My gorgeous Mexican model, Andrea, was a star to work with and managed to add a Middle Eastern element so, thank you, Andrea! 
So, today, I'm sharing with you a short editorial that touches on the glamour within us all. I mean what girl doesn't want the chance to get glammed up in one of these? I know I would love to!

Model: Andrea
Stylist: Vittoria Vitali
Makeup Artist: Teresa Roberto

0 comments:

Post a Comment