Today I thought I'd share the outfit that I wore at the wedding in Greece this summer.
I'll be sharing more wedding photos I took soon, but I need to show them to the bride and groom first ;) 


In Greek weddings, the bridesmaid tradition isn't quite the same as other places. "Bridesmaids" don't really exist, its more like best men/women - so the closest friends of the Bride and Groom. However, seeing we have both an English and Greek side to the family, I insisted that my cousin have them (just so I could be one of course!!) And so, she did, but with a slight twist.

Instead of designing dresses and having us all wear the same outfit, she told us the colour theme of the wedding: turquoise and purple and let us choose whatever style we wanted from the two. And the outcome was beautiful! It turned out that none of us chose purple, and instead we had four different shades of green/turquoise/blue - it was so pretty (you can see the four of us below). Even her mum was wearing a dress in a gorgeous dark turquoise!

I found my dress a while ago in Mango and knew straight away that it was perfect. The way the fabric sat was just like that of ancient Greece, in fact had the dress been full-length it would have been identical to the statues you see dotted around the city. For my accessories I kept with gold, because it just goes so beautifully with turquoise. I also recently set my eyes on these lovely gold braided Michael Kors sandals, which were just perfect as the heel height was ideal to dance through an entire wedding, Greek style! 

As the four bridesmaids, we were lucky enough to have our hair and makeup done by professionals !! I loved it. Initially, I was going to put flowers in my hair, but instead each bridesmaid was given a beautiful corsage made from gypsophellia flowers - so elegant! And so, to add a further floral touch, I finished off with a summery clutch from Accessorize.

Dress: Mango
Shoes: Michael Kors
Bag: Accessorize
Necklace: Forever 21
Ring: Found in Athens
















3 comments:

  1. Fab!!
    i love your clutch ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love!! Follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/victoriametaxasphotography xx

      Delete